Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Scratch: The Ultimate DJ: D.D.R. for hipster tweens



So the trailer just dropped for 'one of the most anticipated games of 2009',  "Scratch: The Ultimate DJ".  As I don't own a video game console, let alone play video games, I won't often discuss them.  However, being tha I am  DJ (or fancy myself one), I felt intrigued to give this trailer a look.

First off, I always thought Guitar Hero and Rock Band are about as cool as cancer.  I understand people love it and it is a pop culture phenomenon, and that is great for all of you, to each his own you know?  I just don't get the whole thing.  I get video games.  I get Halo, or Madden, and all that shit.  But if you wanna play guitar, or be in a band, how about playingan actual guitar, or joining a band??   I don't know, maybe it's just me.  And yes, I have tried it, so I CAN knock it.  That being said, this game, while being much more appealing to me b/c of the whole DJ thing, seems much of the same.  I do have more respect for this one however b/c turntables are not as accessible to most people as a guitar or drum set, so this could be an easier way to get more people into turntableism or give them a taste of how it feels.  Still, I must say, if you want to be a DJ, get some old technics and 45's and do it the old fashioned way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment