Thursday, April 2, 2009

Inglorious Basterds: "Hey isn't that the temp from 'The Office'?"





When I first heard about this movie, I have to admit I lost my shit.  I'm a Tarantino freak, even though the guy comes off like a nerdy A.V. kid still trying to prove to the hot cheerleader at school he's one of the 'cool' kids.  I saw Kill Bill three times in the theatre (maybe I'm the nerdy A.V. kid...) and own the rest of his collection on DVD (well almost).  Needless to say when I heard he was dropping a new film I was pumped, and when I heard the plot-line, I pissed myself (it was weird for everyone present).  

The big news today is that Tarantino promised once again, according to Variety, as he did last May,  that the film would be ready for inclusion in this year's Canne's Film Festival.  There were plenty of pre-pro issues and rumors that the movie would never make it, but the news today brings hope to Tarantino (an still-bitter Jew's worldwide) that we may be seeing Brad Pitt torture and ruthlessly slaughter Nazis on the big screen sooner than we'd hoped.  


No comments:

Post a Comment