Tuesday, April 7, 2009

MSTRKRFT @ Webster: "Go the fuck back to Jersey assholes!"

Sorry about not getting to this sooner, somewhat busy weekend and very busy work week may make this a sparse few days for L2H.  Anyways, as I mentioned last week I caught MSTRKRFT last Friday at Webster.  I was was so pumped up for this show, and had such high expectations, maybe it a was inevitable to be dissapointed, but let me explain:

I'd seen ALP and JFK a few times before, and they'd always killed it.  And they did drop a pretty tight set on Friday, the real 'beef' I had was not with the performers or the venue, but with the extremely B&T crowd that were all acting like this was their first time.  Maybe it was, and MSTRKRFT is a pretty mind-blowing show, especially the first time, but people please; ACT LIKE YOU'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE.  The amount of shirtless dudes on other shirtless 'bros' shoulders, E induced bromance and overall Deusch-baggery was just too much for me.  I couldn't really enjoy myself with all these electro virgins constantly rubbing up on me, trying to squeeze past me, or asking me for 'rolls' or even better just plain old 'Ecstacy', mainly because i was wearing a flat brim, high-tops and was still sporting clothing on my upper body.  For fucks sake I was identifying myself as NYPD by the end of the night just to scare off the hipster runoff tweens.  Also, if you were one of the many, perhaps undeserving, people I drilled with a half finished Jack & Coke, I apologize, I was in a bad place...

So overall it was one of the shittier shows I've seen at my beloved Webster, but don't let this discourage you from catching the boys if they come around your town, they're still always worth the price of admission and one of the hardest hitting acts you'll see.  Maybe I'm just a jaded electro snob....

P.S. Props to Bloody Beatroots for killing it while you could still dance and get a beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment