Friday, May 29, 2009

D to the mother fucking C



In my 23 years on this planet I had traveled up and down the East Coast hundreds of times, for lacrosse, touring with Phish, and vacations, and countless other reasons, yet I had never stopped in our great nation's capital, Washington DC.  This past Memorial Day  weekend, a fitting time, I made my first trip with Lee and spent the weekend at her fathers house, sans father.   

I can honestly say it is one of the nicest cities I have ever been to.  I don't know what I was expecting,  but it was NICE.  Super clean, very diverse, both culturally and arhcitecurally (is that a word?), and the perfect amount of southern charm.  Very preppy, eh, but all around pretty 'hip'.  We spent a lot of time in Georgetown and laying around her pool drinking/tanning/bbq'ing, but did venture downtown to the mall and caught a bunch of the sites (see pics below), which was very cool.

We drank by the waterfront one afternoon at a big open air bar.  Had cocktails and dinner the next day on the Verandah at Congressional (see: BALLER), drank at some exclusive Russian vodka bar by the embassy, and had an all around Love 2 (not) Hate time.  

It's the type of city that would be awesome to live in, but not for another 10 years.  It's just flat out...nice.   I'll definitely be heading back soon.

****HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEKEND*****

-Jumbo Slice Pizza-slices literally about 3 times the size of my head.  Fucking absurd.  And tasty.
-Being called a Jonas Brother by a frat boy at a bar.  Painful on so many levels...
-Congressional Verandah cocktails.  Felt like I was sippin wine on a Colombian coke lords manor.  Gem.
-Seeing Greg Olcott and his huge, ugly head
-WWII memorial.  Sobering.
-Fish Tacos
-"Warm out today.  Warm out yesterday.  Warmer today..."




                                                      Van Gogh at the Smithsonian

                                              Some Savo attempting to hardbody the CIA


                                                                             Aww


                                                            This house is White



No comments:

Post a Comment