Friday, November 13, 2009

Song of the Day




Weeze(r)-Can't Stop Partying (feat. Lil Wayne)

When I was growing up, I fucking LOVED Weezer. I thought rivers Cuomo was a genius (well he kind of his, he went to Harvard, and wrote "El Scorcho" about his frustrating romances with all the Asian under grads) and they could do know wrong. To this day, "Say it Ain't So" is still one of my all time favorite tracks. So needless to say I was pretty pumped to hear the new album when it dropped a few back. The name is amazing, even thoug RATitude would've been better. However, the news a few months back that Weezy was doing a guest appearance on a track called "Can't Stop Partying" is what really got me excited to peep this album. The song is a somewhat satirical prod at the rock start lifestyle and party scene, and Weezy's only on here for a quick verse, however the collabo cannot be denied. "Party like tomorrow is my funeral/gotta stop mixing alcohol and pharmaceuticals" No matter how you feel about the song, you gotta respect the hustle. Also, the videos not too bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment