Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Robots have done so much to advance mankind...and my level of respect for Kanye



It may be fashionable to hate on Kanye these days, from the recent release of his $250 dollar Air Yeezy's, to his constant and at this point anticipated self righteous quotes, for example,

 "I am God's vessel.  But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform." (metro.co.uk)

But today I got nothing but love for "G's V".  In truth, I like the Air Yeezys.  No surprise there as I have an affinity for all high tops that look like a piece of animated wardrobe from Space Jam. And I always get a kick out of his verbal faux pas (or as far as he's concerned "The Gospel According to Yeezy").  But most of all, I love this video.  It took place during the Grammys (I know; way late) but as one reviewer hinted at, this is the best Franco-American collaboration since WWII.  Daft Punk are legends in their own right, and although musically/technically speaking this may not be the most "insane" performance, it is a visual throw-down.  Kanye holds it down relatively nicely, mainly because he sticks to rapping and not trying to 'sing' through an auto-tune, and the boys in Daft look like they're auditioning for the Tron sequel (which would be tight by the way).  Yes, I know D.P. is doing nothing on those screens but looking bas-ass, but even so, it is one of the sickest performances I've ever seen on network television (via internet).  Anyways, peep the video, it's dope.

And if you wanna see what it feels like to be a robot in control of thousands of sweaty, raving euro-hipster-electro-freaks, hit the link below.  Good times...


No comments:

Post a Comment